Thursday, June 7, 2007

She's a Brick... Knee! (and Old School Ankle)

This is an ACL repair image similar to the x-ray of my knee. I have two screws in my knee, just like that!

I've been to two different doctors this week to check on my health and make sure that I'm okay to continue training for this triathlon. Each said it's fine. The first took a bunch of blood and urine (hope you're not eating right now). The second took x-rays of my knees and ankle. According to my Orthopedist, I've got "a good result on that knee, there! It's tight and secure." Hooray!!!

When he looked at my ankle, he said "Oooo, that's old school, there!" Apparently, the surgery I had in 1993 to stabilize my ankle is no longer done (and really wasn't done frequently in '93, anymore), but, it gave good results. He drilled a hole in the right side of my ankle, wove one of my tendons through it, wrapped it around the front of my ankle, and stapled it onto the inside of my ankle. My new doctor said, "That sucker's stable, too. It's not going anywhere!"

4 comments:

Rachel said...

ewwww!!! I WAS eating!

RevSeekingWisdom said...

Neat picture! Keep up the good work!
Are you sure you don't want to shave your head--then you won't need the swim cap you bought. :) Just kidding.

Leslie Stokes said...

Ha! I'm not shaving my head until my hair is long enough for Locks of Love!
http://www.locksoflove.org/

Rachel said...

Umm... you're going to shave your head?