Thursday, June 7, 2007

Red in the Face

Rachel and me after 3 miles with our Team in Training mentor, Cheryl. It's our mentor's job to keep up with us and to encourage us in the physical training and in the fundraising. She's great!

Last Saturday, we joined a group run and completed 3 miles. Due to my need for new shoes and trying to be gentle to my knee, we walked the three miles. We joined a group of ladies who have *walked* several marathons and mini-marathons! At first, I thought, "These ladies are awfully slow. They're going to drive me nuts!" But I ate my mental words soon enough. At mile 1 I was barely keeping up with them and by mile 2 they were out of my line of vision!

This week, we've swum 1000 meters, walked 3 miles, and biked 6 miles. We have 3 miles to run tonight, and a BRICK training on Saturday! A BRICK is two events back to back. This Saturday it will be a 10 mile ride followed by a 2 mile run. I wonder if my face will be red then, or if it will be entering shades of purple?

2 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

It sounds like you are doing great Les!! I am very proud of you. and I am delighted that are becoming so faithful in your blogging so I can be encouraged in my own exercise endeavors. Keep up the good work!