Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Serenity

This painting is titled "Serenity," by Bill Davidson. It is a painting of the lake at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA.
I haven't posted in a while because I'm in another intensive summer class and I am exhausted. Just two more days, two papers and a project left (oh, and a major paper for CPE...). But, today, though exhausted, I am also renewed. Today I went with my class to the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, GA. We met at 5:30am and rode together to the morning prayers. The majority of the morning was in silence--unless we were praying. We prayed the liturgy with the monks and received blessings during Mass, then ate breakfast of cereal and fruit in silence together. It was wonderful.

Another wonderful discovery today was the results of Mary Crist's CAT scan. Her tumor is 1/5th its original size! Yesterday, she had the stint to her pancreas removed and today she received her 5th round of chemo. She has one more round after this, but her prognosis is looking good! I am tired, but I feel serene.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!