Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sharing the Love

We've been going to the gym at 5am to do our training before work for the past two weeks. It's been very energizing. Today, though, I really wanted sleep. We were supposed to swim. Rachel swam and swam and swam in her own lane. I swam some. Then I floated on my back and dozed a little. :D

I deserved some sleep though, because yesterday was traumatic. I've been growing my hair out for Locks of Love. When you donate 10" of hair, or more, this organization makes wigs for children who have lost theirs to chemo or other illness/treatment. It's a fantastic organization. Amy is growing hers for Locks of Love, too.

Anyway, I had grown my hair intentionally for Locks of Love and was waiting until it was long enough that I would have at least chin length hair when I cut it. Yesterday was the day! In the series of pictures below, it is interesting to see how excited and happy I am at first. Notice, that first smile is a real smile. I asked the hairdresser to add a little texture to my hair. She kept adding and adding more "texture" (or rather, cutting and cutting more hair). You can see my face looking more and more worried and, in the last picture, you can see my totally fake smile--the one that says "Get me out of here!" Today, it looks much better. I styled it myself and flipped up the back, straightened the bangs, used a headband and earrings. The last photo is the one Va' Nechia took of me at work this morning.



3 comments:

Deb said...

look at you all grown up and sophisticated! I like the do--very stylish! and the cause for which you cut it is even better!

RevSeekingWisdom said...

I love the cut and think you look sexy and refreshed with it! Very cool!

Erin said...

I love it, Leslie! Hope you're doing well. I love reading your blog and I'm proud of your commitment to this.