Thursday, April 10, 2008

7 months later

Mary Crist is still fighting cancer, has recently had some good results from some new drugs, but is now in need of a bone marrow transplant. Tomorrow she goes for her transplant and will be in isolation for at least a month. BMTs are not easy and I'm scared for her. I'm scared for me, because she's an important person in my life and my mentor. I'm starting a new blog for her in order to send her messages while she's isolated. I may end up posting a link here, so you also have access, but I haven't decided yet. For now, I'm pasting my old blog self description onto this post as a way to remember how this blog functioned for me.
Thank you for all your love, support and prayers for Mary Crist.
Love,
Les


I've just signed up with Team in Training to run a Triathlon with my friend Rachel. We're doing this in honor of my CPE supervisor Mary Crist Brown who was diagnosed with Lymphoma on April 27th 2007. We have 4 months to get in shape for the Tugaloo Triathlon which is on Saturday, September 15th. Check it out under my links. If you want to donate, you can do that online on my website (look above in PARTICIPATE). I have to raise $2,600.00, so every dollar helps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary Crist was my therapist for many years and did me a world of good. Thanks for your blog; I recently sent her a birthday e-m and hadn't heard back, so wondered. . . . . Please keep posting information.

Mary Crist, keep fighting! You are in my thoughts, prayers, and wishes! Love, Cheri